Speak Up For Transportation Day
Transportation is a critical link to opportunity, connecting people to jobs, schools, affordable housing, health care, grocery stores, and more. For many Americans, mobility can make all the difference in their ability to meet basic needs, participate fully in community life, and connect and contribute to our national economy.
This is why transportation investments are required to meet the needs of low-income people, communities of color, and people with disabilities. Modern, well-funded transportation systems can spur economic growth and tap into human potential. Achieving equity in transportation policy will bring about fundamental improvements in communities across the country.
We Need Your Help!
Help amplify our transportation equity message. We need 100 Supporters by April 9, 3:00pmET. Join our thunderclap, and then help promote it with your networks (sample tweets below). And here are a list of resources to share.
- April 9 is Speak Up for Transportation Day! #TransportationEquity is a civil rights issue – spread the word: http://thndr.it/1xIgG2Q #SU4T
- How are you celebrating Speak Up for Transportation Day on Thursday? Share #TransportationEquity
- resources: http://thndr.it/1xIgG2Q #SU4T
- Speak up for transportation on Thursday! Join this @ThunderclapIt to show you care about #TransportationEquity: http://thndr.it/1xIgG2Q #SU4T
- Access to safe, affordable and reliable transportation widens opportunities for everyone. http://bit.ly/1oQpxLM #TransportationEquity #SU4T
- Why #TransportationEquity? Transportation connects people to jobs, schools, affordable housing, health care, grocery stores, and more. #SU4T
- #GrowAmericaAct is a strong starting point for Congress to use in development of an equitable long-term surface transportation policy. #SU4T